Sunday, December 7, 2008

I doubt anyone really cares, but I've been practicing more than I've been sleeping lately... I'm not trying to brag. It's quite the opposite, actually. Don't get me wrong.. I enjoy my work, and I've always been optimistic that it will get me somewhere at some point in my life.

Lately I've been practicing to pass the time. Six hours of practice... that's six hours that I don't have to sit around waiting for someone to call, six hours closer to the day that I can leave Florida for winter break. It's another six hours closer to the doctoral auditions that I've had on my mind since 2005. It's time that I've dedicated to my future.

It's also time that I've spent away from friends. Many of the people that I've met in the past year probably feel that this is all there is to know about me. I'd like to change that. I'm trying to reach out more, mostly to people whom I never really got a chance to know here in Tallahasse, whom I greatly admire in one way or another. As a musician, friend, or in any number of ways. There are several people here who I wish I had gotten to know better last year.


P.S. Red wine, cheese, and a good book is a fantastic way to end your night.