Sunday, February 1, 2009

I'm gonna make it. I think I'm going to get everything up to speed by the time of the first audition. I'm leaving for Texas on Wednesday at the latest. The audition is on Saturday, but I'd like to spend a few days at the audition site so that my reeds will adjust.

The past two months I've really only been concerned with getting everything technically perfect, at performance tempo, and with the correct dynamics.. other than that, these pieces are still pretty flat. I'm glad that this first school is my 'safety' school. I'm also glad that I have a week and a half between the first and second auditions. That will give me the time to put my stamp on the interpretation of each of these six works. It'll also give me a chance to polish some flute and clarinet excerpts for Eastman on the 27th.

It's going to be a 13 hour drive and I'll be there for four days, so I need to find someone to look after and feed my two cats. Any volunteers?

Ibert - check
Feld - check

Tomasi - 5
McAllister - 5

Lauba - 6
Albright - 6

Ticks to go: 22
Days until the first audition: 6
Ticks needed per day: 3.67